Security & Privacy
Use Of Personal Information
We collect personal information when you register on our web site and when you make a purchase from it. By entering information in the fields requested you enable us and our service providers to supply you with the services you request. Whenever you give us such information its use will be restricted by the guidance detailed in this policy. Our objective is to give you the information that you need and we will act within current legislation and aim to meet current best practice in the use of data received on our web site. Firwood Paints Ltd will not disclose your personal information unless you have given permission other than for the following purposes:
- to assess, operate and improve this web site and the services provided through it;
- to keep you informed about Firwood Paints Ltd, its products, services and about this web site;
- if we are required to disclose such Personal Information by any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
If you choose not to register or not provide personal information, you may still browse the Firwood Paints Ltd web site but you will not have access to the restricted areas. By completing the registration process, you consent to our using your information accordingly.
We have provided an administration area (My Account) where you can review your personal information at any time to ensure it is correct and accurate.
Changing Browser Settings To Accept Or Reject Cookies:
If you wish to prevent cookies from being placed on your computer, you will need to change your website settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on which browser you use and we provide further details for the most popular browsers below. However, you will not be able to order from this website and it may perform erratically or not at all.
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You'll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual. Please be aware that restricting cookies may have an impact upon the functionality of our website.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Select the 'Tools' menu or icon at the top of your browser window, then select 'Internet options' then the 'Privacy' tab.
- Change the Privacy level setting as appropriate. Medium or below will enable cookies in your browser. Settings above Medium will disable cookies.
- Select the "Options" from the "Firefox" drop-down, at the top of your browser window.
- Select the "Privacy" icon and change the relevant settings.
- Select the "Customise" icon at the top of your browser window.
- Select "Settings" from the menu and then select "Show advanced settings"
- Under the Privacy heading, select the Content settings button and change the relevant settings
- Select the "Safari" menu or icon at the top of your browser window and select the "Preferences" option