A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website
Collectively all information that you submit to Firwood Paints via the Website with your given consent. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 2018
Firwood Paints Limited, the organisation collecting data
Firwood Paints Limited, the organisation processing data
5.Data Subject, User or you.
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either employed by Firwood Paints Limited and acting in the course of their employment or engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Firwood Paints and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services
6.Firwood Paints, we or us.
Firwood Paints Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 207861 whose registered office is at Victoria Works, Oakenbottom Road, Bolton, BL2 6DP
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 2018; 8.UK and EU Cookie Law. The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 9.Website. The website that you are currently using, www.Firwood.co.uk.
Who we are
We are Firwood Paints Limited, part of Trimite Global Coatings Group. We are manufacturers of quality industrial paints and coatings. Trimite Global Coatings Group includes Weilburger Coatings Limited T/A Trimite, Carrs Coatings Limited and Trimite Technologies Limited.
Data Collected and Processed
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- 2.Email addresses
- 3.Address and Delivery Address (if different)
- 4.Telephone number
- 5.Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers
- 6.IP address (automatically collected)
- 7.Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- 8.Operating system (automatically collected)
Our Use Of Your Data
- 1.For purposes of the GDPR, Firwood Paints is the "Data Controller".
- 2.Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy under "Data Sharing" below, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties or affiliates.
- 3.All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the GDPR and PCI DSS Level 1. For more details on security see Data Security below.
- 4.Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for Internal/financial record keeping, processing orders and deliveries of products and services and transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you.
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in "Our use of this Data" These third parties include:
- 1.Companies within Trimite Global Coatings Group
- 2.Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the products and services we offer to you and other customers e.g. delivery companies or companies who can help us in our contact with you, for example an internet service provider, website host, business system support provider etc.
- 3.Our Auditors
- 4.The Information Commissioner's Office for the UK (the ICO)
- 5.Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
- 6.HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) e.g. for the processing of VAT and Excise Duties
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will keep the Data shared to a minimum and do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
- 1.We'll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or we need to provide our products, services or support to you.
- 2.In certain situations, for example, if necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information beyond this period.
- 3.We will not hold your data for any longer than is required.
Your rights as Data Subjects
- 2.Right of access. You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
- 3.Right to request that your personal information be rectified. If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
- 4.Right to request erasure. You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Firwood Paints to continue to have it.
- 5.Right to restrict processing. You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don't use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
- 6.Right to data portability. You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services.In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way.
- 7.Right to object. You can object to Firwood Paints processing your personal information where it's based on our legitimate interests; for direct marketing; and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority in the UK, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/
Who to contact in relation to Data
All requests in relation to data should be addressed to our General Manager who can be reached on 01204 525231
- 1.Data security is of great importance to Firwood Paints and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website, which is hosted by a PCI DSS Level 1 accredited company, adhering to the highest level of best-practice security standards.
- 2.If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- 3.We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk.
- 4.In the event of a Data breach Firwood Paints shall notify the regulators (ICO) within 72 hours and, if high risk, the Data Subjects within a similar timeframe.
- 2.All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- 3.Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your acceptance to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Firwood Paints to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- 4.This Website may place the following Cookies: Operational cookies are required for the operation of this website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of payment services. Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
- 5.You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- 6.You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- 7.It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- 1.The majority of Data which we collect from you is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA) but some Data may be processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.