Firwood Paints manufacture a range emulsion and gloss finish suitable for domestic use, along with a complete selection of industrial floor paints
. As with any painting project preparation is paramount to the success of the job. Below are some handy hints and tips for essential preparation of a room prior to painting.
Preparing A Room For Painting – Hints & Tips
- Ensure you have selected the right tools for the job, a small paint brush will assist in painting around the tight spots, a good emulsion roller will give a more professional finish.
- Pack away ornaments and take down pictures.
- Where possible move furniture to the centre of the room, this should allow you enough room to move around easily.
- Cover your furniture and floor with dust or plastic sheets.
- Mask off handles and skirting boards, ensure that you overlap the masking tape to protect carpets and floors.
- Ensure the room is well ventilated and at the recommended temperature for drying times.
- Ensure suitable attire is worn, it is probably best not to paint in your favourite shirt.
- Fill in any holes and cracks and ensure the surface area is smooth.
- Ensure surfaces are free from free from all dirt, grease and loose material.
- Refer to the directions on the tin for application instructions.
- Stir the paint thoroughly prior to use.
- When more than one coat needs to be applied, ensure that drying times are adhered to.
Firwood – A UK Based Leading Supplier Of Industrial Floor Paints
This guide will help you ensure that you have undertaken the correct procedures when preparing to paint a room. For more information about any of Firwood's products including the professional range of
industrial floor paints
please get in touch today by calling 01204 525231 or email