How to apply FS42 Glixtone Fungi-Shield Black Spot & Anti-Mould Paint
Application instructions for FS42 Glixtone Fungi-Shield Black Spot & Anti-Mould Paint
- Completely remove all traces of loose, flaking soft and friable paint back to a clean firm surface by scraping and or washing.
- Remove any existing mould growth by scraping or brushing with a stiff fibre brush, (NOT wire).
- Make good any surface imperfections to original profile with a suitable filler and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Thoroughly abrade any glossy surfaces with glass paper to achieve a good key.
- Sterilise the walls by applying a liberal application of Glixtone Sterilising Solution and allow to dry for 24 hours.
- A second application of Glixtone Sterilising Solution is recommended for heavily infected areas.
- Prime or tape any copper or other metal surfaces with an appropriate primer and allow to dry.
- Copper surfaces must be treated prior to the commencement of any painting. Bare copper must be either taped or primed with appropriate primer.
- Clean equipment with water.
- Clean away all dust and debris from the surface before painting.
- Apply two coats of Glixtone Fungi-Shield Anti-Mould Paint : FS42.
- Glixtone Fungi-Shield may be thinned by up to 10% by water to all bare areas to be coated, prior to final coats.
- During preparation, avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask, if dry sanding. Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960's surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead. For further advice, please contact Glixtone Limited.
Please refer to Glixtone Product and COSHH data
before using this product, in areas where food stuff, eating utensils or food contact surfaces exist.
Decorative Protection FS42 Glixtone Fungi-Shield and Anti-Mould Paint
For more information about FS42 Glixtone Fungi-Shield and Anti-Mould Paint
or any of Firwood's other products please get in touch today by calling 01204 525231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org